Test

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

CLASS 6..... 2/17/2021



WHAT WE DID IN CLASS

Capturing the pose of a person by drawing a stick figure, then fleshing it out and finally adding the clothing.

this is just for practice, not homework.





 




A Painting demonstration



_________________________________________________________


HOME WORK

Paint a scene entitled ‘Good Morning’ A childhood memory. It can be for example; A memory of a bird that visited your window each morning…or a greeting from a particular person…the family meeting for breakfast…the scene outside your window (just to name a few).



You can submit (email) the finished Painting.

I WILL PICK 5 WORKS AT RANDOM TO DISCUSS IN CLASS (this gives those who has not been critiqued before to get a chance)

THE REST OF THE ARTWORKS WILL BE POSTED ON THE CLASS WEBSITE

YOU MUST HAVE YOUR SUBMISSIONS IN BY Monday 22nd February.

Send emails to urczoom@yahoo.com (put 'Watercolor' as the subject.)





Thank you,
Nigel






_________________________________________________________



HOME WORK SUBMISSIONS






Sonia Val

 We are bird watchers & taught our infant daughters to love nature. This led to wide-eyed looks on their small faces as they observed bright red cardinals & blue jays munching away at the seeds they left out -- was priceless. What joy..!







Rhonda Altman

My Mom grew up in Montreal. She loved the French language and culture. I love it to this day because of her and decided to paint my kitchen in a way that I could always feel like I was in the French countryside.






A childhood memory “Good Morning.” Every day of my childhood, I would always say good morning to my mother through the door as she fed her chickens. They were very noisy and will not be silent until they were fed.






Olga Alzate






Michael Colin
My sister loved to shovel snow. I woke her up this morning so that she could do her thing. After watching her work for several minutes I am about to get my shovel and assist her.







Florence Manglani

My sister and I shared a bedroom. The back window faced the back yard, where we had a mango tree and a guava tree. The branches of the guava tree were very close to the window; so much so that we could almost reach and grab them and pick the guavas. Every morning, I would stand near the window and watch the parrots nibble at the guavas. So this painting is my memory of those days.
The second picture is my memory of my recent visit to Mumbai. I saw a pair of parrots sitting on the telephone wires and had to take a photo.









Amy Cook
My sister and I woke up early every Saturday to watch cartoons. Dad went out to get some doughnuts and after we'd clean the house with mom, we'd all have a treat.











Nancy Vido
My sister and I would come downstairs with our pillows to catch a few more minutes of sleep on the couch before getting ready for school.







Marian Blasi
Morning memory of trading a small box of new crayons for a big box of broken ones.









Fay Novack
As a child I lived on Brightwater Court in Brighton Beach. My window faced the ocean. Every morning when I woke up I would go to the window to see whether there were any ships passing by and to look at the water. I could see a small part of Rockaway on the other side. I thought that Rockaway was Europe, because my mother had told me that Europe was at the other side of the ocean. I loved watching the water, even in the rain, and I still do.










Mary Speranza

I was 8 years old and didn't want to go to school. With 5 kids by then my Mom was tough. I knew it wasn't going to be easy. I had an idea.... I took the thermometer and held it directly over the flame. It immediately snapped in half. Oh No! So I placed the 2 pieces in my mouth and when my Mom pulled the thermometer from my mouth, with her voice raised she said "What happened to the thermometer?" I said "I think it broke in my mouth".... You know what happened next! It's all so funny now.                                                                     








Ellen Heaphy Rios

Morning was breakfast before going to school.
My mother would put out the 🥣 cereal boxes, scrabbled eggs, spoons and bowls and we would help ourselves.












Tery
Nina over the years
My Godmother Nina would come over every morning to have coffee with my mother








Barbara Scharf
The house that I grew up with in the suburbs: we had a neighbor named Lillian Toomey. Her father was a farmer in Long Island and as a result she was a great Gardner. This is the view from my yard into theirs. It had the quintessential white picket fence. They're were lots of Robbins in the yard. That is a Mimosa tree it was quite an exotic tree with pinkish fuzzy frons all over it.  












Rosemary Hocking-Sanzari
Breakfast on a school day- my sister in her uniform and hair curlers helping my mom with breakfast for my little brother and my dad with his coffee and newspaper at the table. Moochie the cat and Boots the dog are there too. Erie- Lackawanna freight train making it’s morning run seen through the window.





Lauri Arbeit






Laurie Wertheimer
A typical weekend morning when I was a young teenager. I’m talking on my “princess” phone and cuddling my cat.








Thao











A good morning, when grandma makes biscuits for breakfast and the fresh scent of sun drying laundry.
Katonya Cobham






Mazola
“Good morning Tons,” that’s my pet name given by my mother “I would like you to do the bake for me” I’ll explain the “do” later. A coconut bake is a type of bread made with "our grated coconut, butter, eggs, milk, baking powder, salt and sugar. The ingredients are mixed together and kneaded and left to rise. A rolling pin is then used to "flatten it out and then it is placed on an iron platten or Tawa so called by our east Indian community. The two sides are baked on the platten but the edge also needs to be done and this is where the “do” comes in. Here I have to hold the bake upright and rotate it, cooking the edge section by section until complete. I hated this monotonous task but the thoughts of how tasty it would be erased all the monotony and dislike for it


Mazola
As a child and even into my early teens years, roaming in the outdoors always gave me a sense of freedom which was very enjoyable to me. When fruits were in season and available there was an added sense of enjoyment, as we ate as many as we wanted and carried as many as we could take to our homes. In this painting I am inching along the branch of plum tree reaching for the ripened fruit. Plum tree branches were known to be very brittle and broke easily under ones weight. The trick was to inch along the branch very slowly, while listening for the sound “CRICKK” which would be the signal to stop moving forward. Failure to heed that sound could result in a dangerous fall to the ground.