Test

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

CLASS 8....3/3/2021


WHAT WE DID IN CLASS

Creating watercolor patterns on paper by using two other methods; (a) adding sprinkles of alcohol to the wet watercolor surface (b) using an old credit card/plastic card to shift the paint around.


(a)


(b)



A Painting Demonstration
Salt sprinkled unto the wet watercolor paper was used to create the flower blossoms.  The rocks in the foreground were created by using a plastic card to shift the wet paint aside, exposing some of the paper beneath.




________________________________________________________

 


Home Work

Create a floral still-life painting (using the memory of native flowers to where you grew up)  In your painting you can use any one of the five paint-lifting methods that we have looked at.  You can use more than one or all of the methods in you artwork.

The submitted works will be posted on this page.



________________________________________________________

 


Florence Manglani













Katonya Cobham













Rosemary Hocking-Sanzari

We didn’t really have flowers but I remember hydrangeas grew in the neighborhood yards....
Again, thanks for a wonderful watercolor class!








Tery


I remember the first time I went up NY state.

“In a moonlit field at night”
Method: crayon around moon and stems. Salted green field near horizon. Went in and removed paint with paper towel for flowers.

#2: I tried a different approach (more controlled for me). Layered 3 glazes light to dark. When almost dried went in with a water solvable fine tipped marker.
-“First time I ever saw a lily was upstate on the side of the road”

#3 - I tried wet on wet with 2 analogous colors (from my limited palette). After it dried, it reminded of some algae-like plants I saw by the side of a lake so I went in and drew with a black marker.











Thao
Scraping out veins in leaves and blotting background with tissue




Laurie Wertheimer
These are South Florida flowers; hibiscus, gardenias, and yellow oleander. I used plastic wrap on the background, alcohol on the hibiscus and foliage, and a credit card on the terra cotta planter.