Test

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

CLASS 7.....2/24/2021


WHAT WE DID IN CLASS

Lifting wet watercolor paint from paper using three methods; (a) adding salt to the wet paper, (b) placing wrinkled plastic unto the wet paper and (c) using a paper towel to remove blotches of paint/using a crayon to repel of the wet paint.

(A)

 


(B)


(C)



________________________________________________________



Home Work
Create a painting utilizing any one of the three methods shown above, (you can include all three methods in the artwork if you wish)
The title of the assignment is,
'My experience with that animal'




In our next and final art session (for this series), I will  demonstrate the use of these techniques in artworks.   


Thank you for all for your participation in this class, it has been a pleasure.

Nigel




























Tery
When I was little, my father bought a parakeet that went gently on his finger. But the first time I tried, it looked like it was about to snap at me.




Katonya Cobham
This is a childhood house dog named Ranger, who loves the snow and outside front although we had a backyard. Sometimes he’ll sneaks out, follow us to the subway for school we’ll have to say “ Go Home Ranger”.




Barbara Scharf
This is me trying to get my parakeet Petey back in his cage which wasn't easy. We had a few Petey's, they didn't live very long we had a bird grave yard I the backyard.






Thao
The giraffe was a visit on a farm. I was able to come close enough to feed it a carrot stick. I used the plastic wrap on the sky and giraffe, crayon the clouds and lifted out the lighter color pattern on the giraffe. The plastic wrap wasn't that successful on the giraffe but where the faint grooves were, I lifted those areas to for its light pattern.
The shark exhibit at the NY Aquarium. It was quite dark in there but the water was definitely blue. I crayoned the underbelly of the sharks and fish and bit on their dorsal fin to give them highlight. I plastic wrapped the water, salted the rocks and lifted 2 rays of light that went through the water.








Nancy Vido

Baby Dear’s name did fit him when he came to us as a tiny kitten. He grew, however, to be a large and tough Tom cat. While sweet and gentle at home, he terrorized the neighborhood cats after dark and ended up with many battle scars of his own. We tried to keep him in at night but he would hide in the weeds and wildflowers that grew in the alley alongside our house. This is me catching him and bringing him home before it got dark.




Michael Colin
Here is my homework for this week. Sorry about the animal, he chose to chase after a squirrel just before he was to sit for his portrait.
This painting uses all three of the techniques you introduced - plus a fourth. I applied the kosher salt to the path as a last minute thought. As the paint was almost dry I splashed water on the path. The result was that the salt stuck to the page and did not absorb the paint. I left the salt on the painting hence the unusual look in the photo.










Olga Alzate

Selfie with annoying cat








Fay Novack

I painted the sketch I showed you in class where you suggested nothing has to be anatomical. The sketch is really loose and I painted it using your new teachings. The blue pants have stripes using the crayon. The blue shirt on the other girl has salt, and the clouds were made by wiping out paint with a paper towel.
I really had fun with this painting. Thank you for helping me enjoy myself while being in the house due to Covid.












Lauri Arbiet
I was bitten on my leg by a dog in Colorado. I love the Rockies!







Sonia Val
I am so amused watching my cat, Baby, look out the window to watch birds eat, oblivious to my calling him, & my other cat, Socks, enjoys looking at flying insects, & occasionally paws at them.











This is a picture showing me taking a photo of a butterfly in my back yard. I used Saran Wrap on the upper left side and crayon on the bottom right side. The white flowers on the upper right side is also white crayon.
Florence Manglani

















Rosemary Hocking-Sanzari
Giving my dog Boots a bath in the backyard. Drew this one in class and then painted afterwards that day.








Mary Speranza

I used the salt method on both.
#1 salt was not all successful but it did give another layer to the painting.
I used a toothbrush with white paint to create snowflakes
#2 close up ….it is a work in progress...I used salt method, also not so successful.




Amy Cook
This was fun! I put rock salt at the top of the page in the yellow/green area, table salt on the area above the grass and part of the leaves of the tree. I use a little plastic scrunched on the bush with berries in the lower left.
I tried to depict me trying to catch our pet parakeet, "Mona the Bluebird" , after she flew out of the open door heading to the trees.
Mona was much smaller, though, this bird looks more like a parrot, but I was little and in my mind she was as big as an eagle as I struggled to reach her.










Laurie Wertheimer
We very stupidly decided to let our indoor cat into the backyard, to see what she would do. She loved it. She ran around like crazy, and then climbed this tree and we were unable to reach her and take her back inside. After 30 minutes or so, my mom went into the house, opened a can of her cat food, and brought it outside. She climbed down from her perch and I grabbed her. Needless to say, it was her last outdoor adventure.










This is memory of my Mom sitting outside with her dog. I highlighted the colors much more than I recalled. I also tried using the technique with the salt on the sky and the wax at the bottom. Thankyou.








Julie Ann-Fitzgerald

I enjoyed your class very much.
I used the salt, paper towel blotting and crayon in my painting.
I painted my sister, Pat and myself with our English Pug, “Mr. Chips”. We are sitting on the stoop of our great grand Aunt Alice’s house. We lived right next door to her and our front yards and back porches were connected. It is from a photograph taken by my dad. It is winter of 1960 or early spring 1961.
I used tissue to blot the door.
I used salt to create texture for the concrete.
I used white and black crayons on our clothing.








Michele Tortorelli
When I was about 12, at the request of my younger brothers and sister, my mother brought home two Siamese cats. They were terrors and I was scared of them - they ran up and down the drapes all day long and dashed all around, ready to punch at any moment. Here is a picture of Ping stalking me.










Rhonda Altman
Most tranquil part of the day is walking/hiking with my dog Jolie.










Stephanie Chang
I have use the plastic for this picture and with bird I just finished painting it .











Marian Blasi

I had the habit of dragging home strays, but this little guy didn’t seem to want to go with me. I kept saying, “don’t be afraid. I’m going to take care of you”, and he kept struggling until he couldn’t hold it any more and let go (l won’t say with what) all over me. My poor mother had to clean it all up.













Gayle Wanamaker

I have included my fishing memory where I laid my pole down and sat so still that I was able to watch a heron catch a fish. Man was that really cool !