Test

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

CLASS 4... 2/3/2021

 WHAT WE DID IN CLASS




Using the height of the human head as a unit of measurement,
we look at the head/body ratios between a child and an adult.










____________________________________________________________


HOME WORK


Capture a fond childhood memory titled;
On This Day...My Mother and I...' or
'On This Day... My Father and I... 'or
'On This Day... My Guardian and I...'




You can submit (email) the finished Painting. 


The first 5 I receive will be discussed in class

The first 10 I receive will be uploaded unto this website.

YOU MUST HAVE YOUR SUBMISSIONS IN BY Monday 8th February.


send emails to   urczoom@yahoo.com  (put 'Watercolor' as the subject.)


Thank you,
Nigel.



____________________________________________________________







Fay Novack

My father and I at the beach









Marian Blasi








I remember my dad and I used to spend time reading the dictionary together

Tery
I remembered a lake by the boathouse in Prospect Park that my father and I went to













This is a Tea Party with my Mom and 3 sisters in 2015. My Mom is English and always enjoyed her tea. At that party my Mom was 94 years old. Taken at Bayard Arboretum in Long Island.
Mary Speranza











Amy Cook

This memory is from a picture of me waiting impatiently and swirling around. It's Easter Sunday and mom and I are waiting for my dad to bring the car around to go to church. I think it is about 1966, so I would have been about 7. My mom was always very chic and wore a hat to church, I was wearing a pink gingham dress with a matching scarf.








Lauri Arbeit
My Uncle & me









Rosemary Hocking-Sanzari

On this day, my Dad and I raked up the maple leaves from the yard.









Barbara Scharf

This is a picture of my Mom and me at Jones Beach . I grew up on Long Island and about 30 minutes from Jones Beach. We went every chance we could because my mom was a beach lover. I remember this as always good happy times my mother was happy so I was happy.--






Florence Manglani

I was about 9 years old and my mom had to leave me with my dad to go visit her mother in Surat, India (about 120 miles north of Mumbai, then Bombay). I was very upset about this. So my dad took me to this restaurant/gift store, where all kinds of candies, flowers and gifts were being sold. After treating me to a nice lunch, my dad bought me this basket full of easter eggs which were wrapped in colorful paper. I remember that day so vividly. I saved the basket and brought it with me when I migrated to USA. I still have the basket in my kitchen and I use it to store fresh garlic.








Michael Colin

On This Day My Father and I Went to John’s Pass




Nancy Vido

We lived close to Prospect Park so my father often took us to the 9th St. playground on Saturdays. Missing from this picture were my 4 siblings who were probably running ahead or lagging behind. Just me, holding Daddy’s hand, was special . I am carrying my pink monkey, whose name—because I’m sure I named him—I can’t recall. I would make my father put him in the swing next to me and push us both.










Laurie Wertheimer
My mother, father, and I have been to the zoo. I love to feed the birds. We are sitting on a bench when we are surprised by a female peacock. She comes very close to us, but I am not afraid, and I throw her some crumbs.










Rhonda Altman

This is a memory of My mother and I.
She was my Brownie leader(younger version of Girl Scouts) and she loved to decorate cakes . This was a book cake for my Birthday.






Yolande Collimore











Sonia

Mom and me.










Ellen Heaphy

A ride with our mother. Note in the 50's we all sat in the front seat ,three across and of course no seat belts. I was going to include the whole family but that was complicated since there were seven of us and actually we spent more time with our mother since we were the babies.












memory of my dad taking me to go get ice cream from the ice cream truck.


Thao